The Mike Weir Foundation is an organization that will provide funds to help support programs that directly benefit the physical, emotional and educational welfare of children.
Because of the large volume of grant inquiries received, The Mike Weir Foundation is only able to provide funding to a small percentage of qualified applicants. Although the size of the foundation's endowment is significant, these assets pale in comparison to the size of the challenges The Mike Weir Foundation aims to tackle.
The Foundation seeks to be strategic with its resources, targeting programs where it is believed the investments will have the greatest leverage, collaborating endeavors with government, philanthropic and not-for-profit partners.
Our process is guided by the idea that in order to achieve lasting, large-scale change, our efforts must incorporate strategies to encourage effective public investment and leverage private sector potential.
Priority is given to investments and programs that serve as a catalyst to advance the mission of the Foundation and whose net effect is to augment, not supplant, alternative/government funding streams.
Who May Apply
The Mike Weir Foundation invites organizations in all communities to apply for a grant. The Board of the Foundation will consider funding both new and established projects based on the following criteria:
1. The organization must be a registered charity within the meaning of the Income Tax Act (Canada) and have a valid charitable number;
2. The project must relate to children or youth in some way and be in accordance with the mission of the Foundation to advance the physical, emotional and educational welfare of children; and,
3. The project must have relevancy to the past and future of the community in which it operates.
Each year The Mike Weir Foundation will, from its funds, contribute to successful applicants a one-time grant.
Grant Applicants will be accepted throughout the year until the end of December each year. Successful applicants will be notified by March 31st of each year and funds will be disbursed in the second quarter of the year.
The application process to The Mike Weir Foundation has a two-stage process consisting of an initial Letter of Interest, which if invited, will be followed by a Full Proposal.
The Letter of Interest must be limited to one page and must include the following:
- A brief overview of the budget, other income sources and expenses for the project;
- A description of the organization and an indication of competence in the area of the proposal;
- An outline of the proposed funded project including: those who will benefit, design of the project, and expected outcomes from the project.
Please submit two (2) copies of your Letter of Interest.
Letters of Interest may be submitted at any time and are reviewed on an ongoing basis. If a Letter of Interest is chosen for further consideration, the organization will be invited to submit a Full Proposal that will consist of a more detailed application. Application material will be sent to the prospective grantees with an invitation letter. Unsolicited Full Proposal requests will not be accepted and no Full Proposal will be reviewed without prior approval of the Letter of Interest.
Grants Will NOT be awarded to:
Reduction of deficits
Delivery of Applications
We request complete written information, as The Mike Weir Foundation Board of Directors will evaluate all proposals based on the information provided. Respectfully, we request all correspondence be via regular mail at the address below:
The Mike Weir Foundation
617 Humber Drive
The Mike Weir Foundation appreciates all applications but only successful applicants will be notified.